Duration: 5 days
CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI is a high-stakes, vendor-neutral certification that validates the fundamental knowledge and skills required of junior Linux administrators.
Two exams are necessary to be certified: LX0-101 and LX0-102. LX0-101 covers system architecture; Linux Installation and package management; GNU and Unix commands; devices, Linux filesystems, and filesystem hierarchy standard. LX0-102 covers shells, scripting and data management; user interfaces and desktops; administrative tasks; essential system services; networking fundamentals; security.
A new benefit for CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI candidates is that they may choose, at the time they take the exams, to have their exam record forwarded to the Linux Professional Institute. Certification in CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI, attained by passing CompTIA exams LX0-101 and LX0-102, enables candidates to become certified in LPIC-1 as well, enabling further participation in the LPI program if the candidate chooses. Please note that CompTIA maintains candidate-confidential records for all exam takers, for their own access and use for employment or educational purposes. Any choice to forward an exam record to LPI is made only by the candidate.
Candidate job roles include junior Linux administrator, junior network administrator, systems administrator, Linux database administrator and web administrator. Companies such as Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo and Xerox recommend or require CompTIA Linux+.
This is a 5-day boot camp.
- A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
- The complete CompTIA courseware. We pre-ship study materials for your preparation (upon request), and provide the complete CompTIA courseware for your training Boot Camp.
- Subject Matter Experts for instructors. Our instructors are unequaled among training providers, and hold the most prestigious certifications and cutting-edge, real world expertise.
- They are available to you throughout the day for the length of the course for group instruction, lab exercise leadership and individual coaching.
- We teach to accommodate every student's learning needs, including instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, question and answer drills, and friendly competitions between concurrently running classes.
- Lab manuals, guidebooks, and Measure Up self-testing software are utilized to augment your courseware and instruction. And the instructors are with you every step of the way.
- State-of-the-art educational facilities. The school has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs, and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are unsurpassed!
- Five (5) full days of Intensive instruction and labs.
- Hands-on practice and skills development on real Dell Computers and servers.
- Prep books covering the CompTIA exams,
- Custom Courseware and exceptional Practice Tests,
- Exam vouchers, covering all of the CompTIA exams, and
- Self Test™, Transcender® or MeasureUp Testing Software.
All Exams are delivered at the Training Center, which is an authorized Prometric and Pearson/VUE Testing Center . We will provide a large number of testing stations dedicated to the Boot Camp. A test administrator will be available throughout the day to register you for the tests.
• Determine and Configure hardware settings
• Boot the System
• Change run levels and shutdown or reboot system
Linux Installation and Package Management
• Design hard disk layout
• Install a boot manager
• Manage shared libraries
• Use Debian package management
• Use RPM and YUM package management
GNU and Unix Commands
• Work on the command line
• Process text streams using filters
• Perform basic file management
• Use streams, pipes and redirects
• Create, monitor and kill processes
• Modify process execution priorities
• Search text files using regular expressions
• Perform basic file editing operations using vi
Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierarchy
• Create partitions and filesystems
• Maintain the integrity of filesystems
• Control mounting and unmounting of filesystems
• Manage disk quotas
• Manage file permissions and ownership
• Create and change hard and symbolic links
• Find system files and place files in the correct location
Shells, Scripting and Data Management
• Customize and use the shell environment
• Customize or write simple scripts
• SQL data management
User Interfaces and Desktops
• Install and configure X11
• Setup a display manager
• Manage user and group accounts and related system files
• Automate system administration tasks by scheduling jobs
• Localization and internationalization
Essential System Services
• Maintain system time
• System logging
• Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) basics
• Manage printers and printing
• Fundamentals of internet protocols
• Basic network configuration
• Basic network troubleshooting
• Configure client side DNS
• Perform security administration tasks
• Setup host security
• Securing data with encryption
Academy Code of Honor
The Academy guarantees that students shall pass all vendor examinations during the training program or may re-attend within one year of the program completion date. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.