Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0 Boot Camp
Duration: 5 Days
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to utilize Windows PowerShell for administering and automating administration of Windows based servers.
Learning Microsoft's Windows PowerShell command line shell and scripting language helps IT professionals achieve greater control and productivity. Using a new admin-focused scripting language, more than 130 standard command line tools, and consistent syntax and utilities, Windows PowerShell allows IT professionals to more easily control system administration and accelerate automation. Windows PowerShell is easy to adopt, learn, and use, because it works with your existing IT infrastructure and existing script investments, and because it runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2003.
This course is intended for IT Professionals already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration, including Active Directory administration. No prior experience with any version of Windows PowerShell, or any scripting language, is assumed.
- Authorized Courseware
- Intensive Hands on Skills Development with an Experienced Subject Matter Expert
- Hands on practice on real Servers and extended lab support 1.800.482.3172
- Examination Vouchers & Onsite Certification Testing
- Academy Code of Honor: Test Pass Guarantee
- Optional: Package for Hotel Accommodations, Lunch and Transportation
The Academy is proud to be the #1 Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS) in Florida.
Module 1: Fundamentals for Using Windows PowerShell v2
• Windows PowerShell Technology Background and Overview
• Windows PowerShell as an Interactive Command-Line Shell
• Using the Windows PowerShell Pipeline
Module 2: Understanding and Using the Formatting System
• Understanding the Formatting System
• Using the Formatting System
Module 3: Core Windows PowerShell Cmdlets
• Core Cmdlets for Everyday Use
• Comparison Operators, Pipeline Filtering, and Object Enumeration
• Advanced Pipeline Techniques
Module 4: Windows Management Instrumentation
• Windows Management Instrumentation Overview
• Using Windows Management Instrumentation
Module 5: Automating Active Directory Administration
• Active Directory Automation Overview
• Managing Users and Groups
• Managing Computers and Other Directory Objects
Module 6: Windows PowerShell Scripts
• Script Security
• Basic Scripts
• Parameterized Scripts
Module 7: Background Jobs and Remote Administration
• Working with Background Jobs
• Using Windows PowerShell Remoting
Module 8: Advanced Windows PowerShell Tips and Tricks
• Using Profiles
• Re-Using Scripts and Functions
• Writing Comment-Based Help
Module 9: Automating Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration
• Windows Server 2008 R2 Modules Overview
• Server Manager Cmdlets Overview
• Group Policy Cmdlets Overview
• Troubleshooting Pack Overview
• Best Practices Analyzer Cmdlets Overview
• IIS Cmdlets Overview
Module 11: Writing Your Own Windows PowerShell Scripts
• Variables, Arrays, Escaping, and More Operators
• What is Scope?
• Scripting Constructs
• Error Trapping and Handling
• Debugging Techniques
includes tuition and the following:
- Daily Snacks, Breakfast
- Registration Fees
- Books and Materials
Your training may also be partially tax-deductible.
Please note – Tuition does not include airfare, hotel or transportation to the Boot Camp.
Academy Code of Honor:
The Academy guarantees that students shall pass all vendor examinations during the training program or may re-attend within one year of the program completion date. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.